Thursday, 12 December 2013

Beading a Spine :D

I haven't really had time to keep posting as this dress is taking a hell of a lot longer than I ever thought it would!
I ordered about £30-£40 worth of beads so that I had a good variation to use
I only wanted to use glass and bought some crystals as well.

I got some individual types and some good mixed bags from eBay, all in all I was pretty happy with the variation I ended up with :)

I then drew a spine on to chiffon laid over satin. I stitched the larger beads on to make sure they definitely wouldn't fall off. It took me ages to decide on the right glue to get so ended up looking of some American dance forums for mental 'Dance moms'  with tables of which glue to use on which crystals on which fabrics. Pretty bloody good really haha.
After glueing on the rest of my beads I realised I had realllyyyyy over estimated how many I needed HA!! so now I pretty much have a kg box or beads, pearls and crystals! good job I want to go in to bridal :) some how i think they may come in to use :D

So yea, after the glue had set I peeled the chiffon off the satin backing to leave just the beads on the chiffon. I have cut this out now so it is just waiting to be put on my dress! :D
Next post will be a quick run down of how I've put together the over lay fabric for my dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment